QUT Contact Details
Brief Curriculum Vitae
|since 02/18||PhD studies under supervision of Prof. Christopher Barner-Kowollik and and A/Prof. James Blinco at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) , Brisbane, Australia|
|02/17 – 11/17||Bachelor of Science (honours), specialized in materials science, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.|
|11/16 – 01/17||Summer research internship in chemistry, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.|
|02/16 – 11/16||Exchange study, Materials Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.|
|04/12 – 11/15||Bachelor of Science and Technology, Federal University of ABC (UFABC), Sao Paulo, Brazil.|
Advanced Synthetic Tools
- Advanced Light-Induced Reactions, λ-Orthogonal Photoswitches and Photochemistry for Macromolecular Design
- Efficient Bonding/Debonding Polymer Systems, Understanding Dynamic Bonding in Polymer Systems, Photochemical Reversible Bonding Systems
- Reactions Driven by Chemiluminescence
- Functional 3D Laser Written Scaffolds by 3D Laser Lithography
- Tailored 3D Microstructures for Targeted Cell Attachment
- Advanced Functional Photoresists for Direct Laser Writing
- Photoresists for 3D Laser lithography below the Diffraction Limit
- Orthogonal Photochemical Surface Modifications on a Wide Range of Materials (e.g. Cellulose, Si, Phototonic Crystals, Hyaluronic Acid)
- Spatially Resolved Dynamic Covalent Polymer Surfaces
- Spatially Resolved Metallopolymer Surfaces
- Self-Healing Materials Based on Rapid Bonding/Debonding Polymer Systems
- Modification of Particle Surfaces by Light-Induced Ligation and Polymer Micro/Nanosphere Design
Kinetics and Mechanisms
- Advanced Photochemical Reaction Systems
- STED Photochemistry and Laser Systems
|2017||Women in FLEET Honours prize (by FLEET group in Monash University)|
|2016 – 2017||Research assistant scholarship (by U. Bach’s group in Monash University)|
|2015 – 2016||Science without border scholarship (by National Counsel of Technological and Science Development – Brazil)|
|2013 – 2015||Academic research scholarship (by FAPESP – Sao Paulo Research Foundation)|
|2012||Academic research scholarship for new students (by UFABC – Federal University of ABC)|
Wavelength-gated Photochemical Synthesis of Phenalene Diimides
Feist, F.; Walden, S. L.; Alves, J.; Kunz, S.; Micallef, A.; Brock, A.; McMurtrie, J.; Weil, T.; Blinco, J. P.; Barner-Kowollik, C. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, in press.
Combining Photodeprotection and Ligation into a Dual Color Gated Reaction System
Alves, J.; Krappitz, T.; Feist, F., Blinco, J.P; Barner-Kowollik, C, Eur. Polym. J. 2020, 26, 16985 – 16989.
It’s a Trap: Thiol-Michael Chemistry on a DASA Photoswitch
Alves, J.; Wiedbrauk, S.; Walden, S. L.; Graefe, D.; Blinco, J. P.; Barner-Kowollik, C. Chem. Eur. J. 2020, 26, 809-813.
|||Spectroscopic studies on the interaction of metallic ions with an imidazolyl-phenolic system: differential ion recognition
Orfão, R.B., Alves, J. & Bartoloni, F.H. The new Journal of Chemistry, 2016, 26, 1373.
|||Lophine derivatives as activators in peroxyoxalate chemiluminescence
Alves, J., Boaro, A., Silva, J.S., Ferreira, T.L., Keslarek, V.B., Cabral, C.A., Orfão, R.B., Ciscato, L.F.M.L. & Bartoloni F.H. Photochemical and Photobiology Sciences, 2015, 14, 320-328.